2. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously
3. A 'herd' of unicorns is called a blessing
4. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit
5. The felt tip pen was invented by the American C.I.A. in an attempt to make a poison pen because the poison would not flow through a fountain pen
6. The only bird that can fly backwards is a Hummingbird
7. Women blink nearly twice as much as men
8. In 1647 the English Parliament abolished Christmas
9. A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel can
10. It is illegal to be a prostitute in Siena, (in Italy) if your name is Mary or a derivation of it (maria etc)
11. It is illegal to play tennis in the streets of Cambridge.
12. Dublin is home of the Fairy Investigation Society
13. The two highest IQ's ever recorded (on a standard test) both belong to women
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants